FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

The Mafioso Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Guilty

The official Mafioso Mod thread
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

278080 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

Guilty

"Who's there?"

AsaSK

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

Guilty

"Who's there?"

[Three years later..] "Tony."

Last edited by AsaSK on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
AsaSK

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Tony has undergone a redesign and The Speakeasy has begun. Have a great year, folks.

Last edited by AsaSK on Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
AsaSK

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

*video embeds don't seem to work currently, apologies.

The Factory

The Speakeasy

Tony has a new face, and a new hangout.

Everything is subject to change and some elements are placeholders.
This location had more than 180 iterations and was a massive headache.

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1433 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

Top notch quality as always, Asa Smile Also, I just love that working elevator!
AsaSK

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
Top notch quality as always, Asa Smile Also, I just love that working elevator!

Great to hear from you again, sir! While I'm here, were the video embeds visible to you? I need blank space Thinking

*the elevator is basically the most clunky script I've ever done Smirking

Quote:
- The animated lift shaft texture is 65 frames with a 40ms delay between each, 65x40 is 2600
- I ran a check from mission start that activates a signal in the 'controller' script every 2600ms, deactivating it at 2601 and looping it again
- Once the player presses the lift trigger, the controller script checks for the signal, and once the signal is detected as 1 it teleports the player (recording position and rotation and duplicating them onto a frame 15m upwards in a duplicate lift shaft), at the precise moment of frame number 1 of the animated texture

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1433 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

All the embedded videos were showing correctly

As for the elevator, wow this is ingenious! That's a really complex algorithm you invented, and it flows seamlessly throughout all these cycles. However did you come up with this idea? Shocked

I think no matter how clunky you feel the script is, the fact alone that you've implemented a feature that, as far as I can tell, was never meant to be supported by the original game - this in itself is amazing! A true display of resourcefulness! Applause

As long as we have such talented and passionate people this game will never die
AsaSK

13073 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
All the embedded videos were showing correctly /

Odd, so perhaps something with my Chrome as Firefox seems to have no problem. As of roughly two years ago, Chrome apparently fails to load the embed frames and I just get a big invisible space.

linukkis wrote:
As for the elevator, wow this is ingenious! That's a really complex algorithm you invented, and it flows seamlessly throughout all these cycles. However did you come up with this idea? Shocked /

Through lacking any other option, I guess Smile it isn't foolproof, all wait XXXX timings seem to rely on framerate which is logical, but that does pose a risk to the sync of you drop more than 3-4 frames consistently. No other way of preserving my beloved wall lightmaps, though.

linukkis wrote:
I think no matter how clunky you feel the script is, the fact alone that you've implemented a feature that, as far as I can tell, was never meant to be supported by the original game - this in itself is amazing! A true display of resourcefulness! Applause

As long as we have such talented and passionate people this game will never die

Modding is such a wind-down activity, I think you could take a break for 20 years and one day still feel like reinstalling it for the nostalgia. Plus it's what is so nice about these old games, right? In the age of Live Service, there's a constant risk to anything we 'own', especially digitally. These old games are forever preserved until Windows becomes unable to support them anymore (at which point I'm off to live in a cave with a copy of XP).

Thanks so much for still taking the time to comment, man!

linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1433 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mafioso Mod Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:
Thanks so much for still taking the time to comment, man!

Always!

AsaSK wrote:
Odd, so perhaps something with my Chrome as Firefox seems to have no problem.

I'm using Brave which is essentially the same Chromium driver underneath. The fact that Chrome is acting up but Brave isn't is just bizarre. Impossible

AsaSK wrote:
Modding is such a wind-down activity, I think you could take a break for 20 years and one day still feel like reinstalling it for the nostalgia. Plus it's what is so nice about these old games, right? In the age of Live Service, there's a constant risk to anything we 'own', especially digitally. These old games are forever preserved until Windows becomes unable to support them anymore (at which point I'm off to live in a cave with a copy of XP).

I totally agree. As much as I love my Steam collection of games, there's nothing quite like owning a physical copy of an old-school game with no need for always being online, which you know no one can ever "revoke" or otherwise take away from you due to expiring licenses, servers being shut down and other non-sense. Long live Mafia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: